• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse Cursor issues!

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use adobe photoshop elements 14 and I just updated my mac to macOS Catalina. When I use my brush, I get a loading circle and it's very annoying. I already checked off the adobe box in system preferences > privacy > accessibility, & I restarted my mac but this did not fix it. Can anybody help? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Mac and don't have PSEv. 14.

Open the Editor, go to Edit menu>Preferences>Display & Cursors. Some adjustments can be effected via this dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are only 3 sections on this dialog (painting cursors, other cursors & crop tool) None of these do anything other than change the cursor style. The loading bar only comes up when I begin to use the cursor in the form of a brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I don't know how to fix this specifically. You might try to reset preferences to default to see of that will fix it.

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will this affect any of my project files in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Mac user, but of course you know that only PSE2020 or 2021 is compatible with Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know this. Can i update it or do i need to re buy the new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no updates. Adobe has just released PSEv.21. You may receive a discount as a repeat customer.

Suggest that you evaluate the free 30-day trial of the software prior to a potential purchase.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow it's ridiculous they make you purchase the software AGAIN... no thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is ridiculous from Apple not warning enough that their Catalina OS would require new versions of lots of application softwares.However even Windows users ware aware of the change one year before the introduction of Catalina. There has been hundreds of discussions where Mac users were advised NOT to upgrade to Catalina. In this forum, there was even a 'sticky' warning post from Adobe on that matter until very recently.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/a-letter-to-our-photoshop-elements-users/td-p/1066... that can't be a conspiracy from Adobe, since the net result of Apple's decision is having Adobe users go away like you are ready to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I completely ran out of space on my mac and decided to get more added but they couldn't do that without updating to Catalina. Now im having all types of issues with other apps like you mentioned. I read somewhere its possible to downgrade back to older OS versions. Im gonna look into that since i do use adobe photoshop almost every day. Anyways thanks for the info i really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines