Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Imported Keywords tags??

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows. I had previously saved all of my images in an external drive. After the reset I uploaded all of my images back on the PC and reimported them into PSE. All of my previously created tags are currently bundled under "Imported Keyword Tags" However I cannot move them back to the People/Places/Events tags. Is there a way to do this so I can recreate my hierarchy or am I condemned to recreate them all and re-tag everything?

Please let me know and thank you.   

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Did you backup your catalog?  Or is it possibly still available on your OS drive (if you only did a reset of Windows rather than a complete clean install)?

To answer your specific question, no, you cannot move imported keywords to People, Places, Events. 

To determine whether your old catalog is still available, try searching for a file named catalog.pseXXdb, where XX=the version number of Elements.  (Elements 2020 is version 18.)  If you are able to find it, double-click on it and it should ope

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you backup your catalog?  Or is it possibly still available on your OS drive (if you only did a reset of Windows rather than a complete clean install)?

To answer your specific question, no, you cannot move imported keywords to People, Places, Events. 

To determine whether your old catalog is still available, try searching for a file named catalog.pseXXdb, where XX=the version number of Elements.  (Elements 2020 is version 18.)  If you are able to find it, double-click on it and it should open in the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Greg,

Yes I was able to find the file.

Thank you so much, you just saved me weeks of work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines