• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving my photography collection

Participant ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to relocate my photography collection to another place on my hard drive.  My pictures are grouped in (lots of) subfolders under the master folder that I will be moving.   Nothing else about the photos relative location will change other than the new location of the top-level directory.

If I move them, of course PSE 2021 is going to note that they are gone.  Is there a way that I can alert PSE of the move without destroying the catalog, etc.?  I know that it will try to find singlular missing pictures and I think you can point the software to that missing photo.  Will that work here?

Thanks for your help.

WSC33

Win10, PSE 2021

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WSC33 

If I move them, of course PSE 2021 is going to note that they are gone.

By @WSC33

I you move them outside of the organizer, yes. You would have to 'reconnect' the moved files.

If you do it from the organizer (by dragging a master folder elsewhere in the left folder tree in tree mode), No.

You can even move that master folder to another drive or partition.

If you are moving a big library, you'll probably want to do a full organizer backup first?

Then you simply restore on the location you have chosen. This is the common and standard way of moving to a new computer.

So you have three solutions:

- moving externally and reconnecting (not recommended for a big and complex library, but for a few folders, that works very well).

- drag and drop in the folder tree panel (better do a backup before)

- the very safe way to move by backup and restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked.  Thanks so very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines