• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple cataloges

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using multiple catalogs to speed up the performance.

I want to use the sameTags in the new catalog and therefore I export from the old catalog  and import to the new one. But I only get the key word Tags, not the persons or places Tags.

Do you have a solution?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old question both in Elements and Lightroom.

Splitting a catalog for better performance does not work and creates multiple issues like the one you are seeing.

- There is no significant speed loss when doubling the size of your catalog except for tasks like initial indexing for face recognition, smart tagging or backups.

- as noted by John R Ellis ten years ago, merging catalogs is not an option in PSE.

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Splitting_and_rearranging

- you are losing a lot of information by not being able to search across multiple catalogs. That's even a frequent request from Lightroom users, even if LR can merge, extract and import from catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines