• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple system crashes on Mac M1

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, almost every second day, my Mac (MacBook Pro with M1) hangs up and must be hard rebootet (see system crash report enclosed). Console shows that "PhotoshopServer [1271]" is the crashing process. I am in MacOS 11.4. Any idea? Which additional information do you need?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a question about Premiere Elements (this forum) or Photoshop Elements (a different program) or Photoshop (yet another program)

Which ever program, what is the version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Oh Sh.... posted in Premiere Elements Forum... it is about Photoshop Elements. At least that is what I think and what I extract from the crash report. I have both installed (Prem and PS Elements). Version 2021. Photoshop in detail is 19.0 (20210304.m.156367) x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows so I don't know... is Photoshop Elements 2021 certified to run "directly" on Mac M1 or do you need the intermediate Apple program... Rosetta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash report shows a crash in Adobe Elements 2021 Organizer.app, on macOS 11.4, running the app with Rosetta. The crash shows that the app can't load a library. But I'm puzzled. This is an app crash report. The app will stop with an Apple message. It isn't a hang (there is no crash report on a hang, since by definition something is still running). You won't get it if you do a hard reboot. What are your symptoms exactly? It might be that the crash is happening at that time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for picking up with a detailed question! The symptom exactly: usually, I just close the monitor of my macbook and let it go to sleep. Sometimes (I think especially after almost every overnight "sleep" phase), the apple logo pops up with a progress bar. The progress bar stops in the middle and then I see a black screen and I see the cursor (and can also move the cursor with the touchpad). But I cannot do anything else - just a black screen and a movable arrow cursor. So my only way out is a hard reboot (with a x sec push of the fingerprint button). And after the system does this hard reboot, I always had a photoshop crash report in my log files..... And idea???? Can it be because of photoshop/organizer or do I need to search somewhere else? If so: where???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines