• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My old Photoshop Elements 12 developed a Communications Error message - Cannot Reinstall Original SW

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had to install some other ADOBE Tax Security SW in April, then could not get anything Adobe to work.

Started turning off products, and one must have been something to do with the 12 Photo downloader, as now all I get is 'Commmuications Error' message when trying to download pix and Im stuck.

I found the original ADODE PSE 12 software package, and thought I'd be okay doing reinstall.

I backed up the Pix Catalog and thought all I needed to do was to RE-install using the original SW then enter the product key and all would be good.... but it was no good.

Would not do anything..?  no place to enter a product key...

Whats the deal, or is this just 'Forced Migration' to a newer version of the PSE SW? 

[Personal information removed by Moderator]

Can anybody help me with what I have, or am I just screwed?

Let me know

Best

Larry

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Download and install , How to , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

It is unclear what message you are receiving and when.  Please post a screenshot and describe exactly what you are doing when the message appears.

In the meantime, try installing the free Creative Cloud for desktop application.  No need to install any of the subscription software that is part of the Creative Cloud.  This may solve your installation and licensing problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unclear what message you are receiving and when.  Please post a screenshot and describe exactly what you are doing when the message appears.

In the meantime, try installing the free Creative Cloud for desktop application.  No need to install any of the subscription software that is part of the Creative Cloud.  This may solve your installation and licensing problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines