• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My serial number is not accepted when installing Photoshop Elements 12.

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

You can't do this by phone, but in the link I gave you, click on Still having trouble?, and then Chat with an Agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're having trouble. First of all, are you sure it's a serial number and not a redemption code? A PSE serial number is 24 digits beginning with 1057. If you have anything other than that it's probably a redemption code. If that's what you have, try this:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/serial-number-retrieval-process-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a serial number, 24 digits starting with 1057.  I bought Elements 12 yesterday on the Special Offer deal, and had big problems with the installation on my Mac.  I therefore downloaded the trail version.  The trail installation was OK, but the serial number I received by mail is not accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's a problem several people have had. For some reason some mac folks have gotten windows serial numbers. You need to contact adobe sales directly, since they're the only ones who can straighten that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked everywhere in Adobe.com, but I can not find any e-mail address to Adobe sales.  I sent a mail to to sales@adobe.com but I only got an automated reply with some US/Canadian phone numbers listed. I am living in Norway, and I do not find any Norwegian sales site where I can make phone contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do this by phone, but in the link I gave you, click on Still having trouble?, and then Chat with an Agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop Elements 12 at Staples this week, and can't activate it.  I have used the number sequence that is on the back of the package under a bar code that has printed above it "SCAN TO ACTIVATE PRODUCT".  This number is 30 digits long and the space for activation when you run the DVD has room for only 29 digits.  I have also tried all of the other numbers that I was able to find on the packaging.  Note that none of these starts with the number sequence you note in a message above, and none as 24 characters.  Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never enter a redemption code into the program. That is a code for obtaining a serial number, not a serial number. There should be a link on your receipt for where to get a serial number. If that doesn't work, try the link in my first post in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PutneyOliviers,

See this page for help with the redemption code to get your serial number to activate Photoshop Elements -- http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/redemption-code-help.html

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kaarmikk,

Try checking your Hosts file to see if you have any entries that might be blocking connectivity to Adobe's activation servers.

For more information on this, see Solution 3 in this article: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Let us know how it goes for you,

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Elements 12 is now working fine, thanks to the advice I got from Barbara B. on Dec, 3.  I hit the Chat button, but was a bit frustrated when I was no. 83 in the waiting line. Finally after several attempts and much patience I came in contact with a Support person and my problems were solved.  After a useful chat with Support, I was sent over to Sales.  Then they made a refund for the Windows version I had downloaded and directed me to a page from where I could buy and download the Mac version.  Then download and installation went as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it straightened out, kaarmikk, but what a hassle. Sorry you had so much trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines