We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Copy link to clipboard
I have Elements 2018 on a dead PC, installed from CD
I have a new PC with no CD Drive
How do I remove the license from the old PC and Download/Install Elements on the new one?
Here's a few options you can try:
1. Borrow an external DVD drive from a friend
2. Buy an external DVD drive - they're not too expensive ($25/£20) and useful if you have other older software still on CD/DVD, etc.
3. If you've only installed your copy of Photoshop Elements 2018 on one computer, you should still have one activation left.
4. Failing that (or you just want to get the old computer deactivated anyway) - contact Adobe Customer Care:
Contact Customer Care
Click on the little speech bubble icon at the bottom-right of your screen to open up a chat and explain you would like to deactivate your previous installation:
5. Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 at the reduced upgrade price of around ($80/£70) or take advantage of the 30% off deal in the US which takes it down to $70 until 14 March.
Hope that helps!
One more option is to copy the DVD to a thumb drive and install via USB on your new machine. This assumes that you have access to a suitable computer at work or elsewhere..
Please refer this article to download older versions of Elements: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html
Order History is visible under Plans tab. Please let me know if you face any issues.