Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEF Nikon Z6 II

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody

I just bought PS Elements 2021 for editing my photos. But PS doens't open my NEF data out of the Nikon Z6 II. I have installed the newest update but it doesn't work. For testing I converted an NEF into DNG but it doens't work really well (the picture looks a lot different). So is there any possability of opening NEF data?

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most read faq:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

This tells you that your camera requires the ACR plugin version 13.1 and that the latest Elements version (2021) only provides 13.0.

- The ACR 13.2 or 13.1 you have downloaded is for the full Photoshop, not for Elements which is always updated to its limited version many months later. The Elements ACR can only be updated from the menu Help >> updates.

- You have used the DNG converter which covers this camera raw format. So, you can really open NEF (Z6II version) already. The default DNG settings are more or less different than the look of the jpegs from the camera, that's normal.

It's up to you to choose the best profile in ACR as a start from your personal edits.

Nobody who knows is allowed to say if and when a new update for PSE2021 will be issued before the next version in September.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the fast reply and this information 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines