NEW Big problem....

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Apple Mac.OS Mojave 10.14.6

Photoshop Elements 19.

Error Message: - Print warning.

The following images will be rendered at less than 300 dpi at the requested print size.

This is a really big problem for me.

I have seen old posts regarding the following error message. I can't ignore it.

This error message has in the last two days come up. I am having a major meltdown right now.

It has changed the quality of my prints, I don't know why it's come up, I can't get rid of it?????

What is this? I'm have to finish my customers wedding order. 

Can someone please help.

The only thing that came up in the last couple of days is there was an update from Adobe.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You always can ignore it. Simply click on 'continue'.

What I can't understand is 'it has changed the quality of my prints'.

How do you make your comparison? By printing the same file from other editors or browsers? To be able to really see a difference, the resolution change in ppi (pixels per inch; not dpi, dots per inch) must be significant (for instance even 200 ppi instead of 300 is hardly visible).

Very often I have got that error message with effective resolutions much above 300 ppi. I don't know where exactly there is a bug in the error message. Generally that happens when the printing dialog has conflicting units like inches or centimeters with ISO formats like A4. I suspect that there may be a rounding error when comparing the page size with the 'custom' print size translated from inches to centimeters.

As far as I know, the recent update by Adobe was only for the ACR module which is totally irrelevant with printing.

Edit:

I am on Windows 10 and it's a very old bug for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This warning is definitely making me unhappy....how can I stop it from coming up????  I know it and I don't want to see it everytime I try to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This warning comes up periodically for me as well, but I ignore it. I'm unaware of an option to "never show" this.

I don't know what your operating system and printer are. Turn on your printer and right click on the printer icon on the taskbar, open printer properties and check that printer manages color and that print quality is high. 

In PSE Editor, go to Edit>Color settings and check "optimize colors for for computer screens"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same warning when using Elements 2020.

I found that by increasing the resolution of my picture from 300 ppi to 310 ppi somehow stopped the warning from appearing.

It works for me so hope it helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get ready for your brain to explode.......

I really think it's due to one thing:  the resolution of your canvas-- the default is 72 ppi for new documents.   You create a new document FILE>NEW , by default your canvas will be set at 72ppi.   

Create your new document..
Make sure you set the canvas resoution to 300 ppi 
NO more "error" (It's not an error- it's a "heads -up" message.) 
2022-11-05_070947.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old thread, but to clarify, resolution is expressed in PPI - - - pixels per inch. DPI relates to dots per inch. This is the output of the print head.

For printing, it is desitable to have the resolution in the 240-300 px/in range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines