• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New PSE software - How do I stop the constant pop up advertisements on my laptop for Adobe products?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous - I have constant popups on my computer (on and off the internet) trying to get me to buy more Adobe products. I just spent $150 on PSE and Premiere Elements and downloaded them last week.

I need to find the option to turn these off...thanks for any help you can give. The Notification Center in my computer settings doesn't have an option for Adobe, and notifications are turned off.

You can't sell things by making people mad, by the way. Marketers just don't seem to get it, I never read or click through, or buy anything from popups. I guess they need to keep coming up with this garbage to justify their jobs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

What popups are you getting?  Please provide a screenshot. 

In my experience, when I open an older version of Elements, a popup will come up once or twice to buy a newer version.  But that will usually go away.  I just opened Elements 12 and 2020, and didn't get any popup.  (Admittedly, that may be because I own the latest versions too.)  I agree with you that this can be annoying.  If you give me the details of what you are seeing, I will try to find out if there is a way to turn it off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse to forum volunteers removed by moderator]

Fed up in Maine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear, hear! I resent MIGHTILY having to devote my time to figuring out how to disable these parasitic ads.

I have:

-spent an hour looking on the forums for a solution

-TURNED OFF EVERY POSSIBLE option under preferences on both Organizer (worthless) and Photoshop Elements for "Adobe Partner Srevices" (a misnomer if ever there was one). If I could turn off notifications for new updates, I would.

With all that said, I still get these annoying popups asking me if I know about this trick or tip? These totally interupt work flow and make using your program a real pain.

If there were any alternative to Adobe, I would flush this program down the loo and spend the next week trashing Adobe on Reddit and social media.

How do I disable these popups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can uncheck all these.   this is from pse 2023. 

I reinstalled pse 2023 for some reason last week-- got a few little pop ups i the bottom left corner asking me if I wanted to learn more about some new feature--- I went and unchecked everything in the above image, and I've had not more pop ups since then.    

They're small, they're not very intrusive-- not sure if they're worth getting worked up about. 

2023-07-12_174230.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Glenn, for taking the time to reply.
Were it as simple as that -- just unchecking "Notify me about Adobe Promotions" -- you're absolutely right. Nothing to get worked up about.

Unfortunately.... every box you show on your screenshot has been unchecked for weeks (first thing I did after install [I know my Adobe marketing types]).... yet the popups keep on comin'....a gift from Adobe marketeers that just keeps on giving.

But I value your expertise in this matter highly - Can you think of any other thing I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one.  Pops up about EVERY 7 STINKING MINUTES. I've gone in through prefernces and unchecked everything I could find and it is still happening.Screen Shot Adobe Ads.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just so we're clear... Adobe Screenshot Ads 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Freimaurer, can you give us a screenshot of these pop-ups?  If they ask you something like click here or read more, I'm guessing that you have not done that.  If so, in my experience, the remedy is to do as requsted and you won't see them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, thanks again for your time.

Unfortunately, no, I don't have a screen shot.  Usually, I'm deep in a photo when these things pop up in the lower left corner. Always "Have you tried this trick?"  Two options, "maybe later" or "learn more" (never a "Burn in Hell"). They stay for around 1 min, then disappear on their own - jus tlong enough to take me away from my project.

Def Adobe, not some third party malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is what the poster is talking about. Really upseting to get this annoying popup on paid software. Would of expected better from Adobe.

Screenshot 2023-08-07 231242.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pop up about  a new feature is annoying?   PSE is designed for the average user, mom and pop, gramma and grampa types-- who probably need a little help with new features.   I just click on learn more, and after that it goes away pretty quick.  If I click on "maybe later"  it goes away like a crocodile--- after a while.

I honestly think the program could use more pop ups exactly like what is shown-- simple because many users don't know so much and could use the help. 

Just like the image below-- people could use a little pop up saying "hey!   did you if you click on this...." sort of deal...

2023-08-09_035616.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone finds these annoying popups useful, more power to them. HOWEVER, please give the rest of us an "opt out" option. I'm so tired of seeing these everytime I'm involved in a project. I seriously considering learning Corel. My wife uses it and said it has an option to click, "don't show this again". That's reasonable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, I find the problem that I'm having and realize there is no solution (annoying ad popups that won't go away).   Did someone say Corel just leaves you alone to do your work?   Anyways, my guess is that someone will eventually come along with some "solution" which is a programmable 3rd party "popup blaster" because some loser in Adobe's marketing group insisted that continuous unstoppable ad popups will result in more upgrade sales...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem, too. I have unchecked all the boxes in the Preferences as shown in the screen shots here. And I STILL GET THESE ANNOYING POPUPS. I have  had PSE for many years on my Mac and this issue just started a few months ago but it is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!! It is constant throughout my sessiom.

I could see these being used for free software but I have paid for my product. THIS INTRUSION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 2023 on a Mac using Monterey 12.7. Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 1.20.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 1.24.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will get that for a while with older versions.   I have all versions from version 10 to 24 installed And I dont get them at all any more.   I just end up clickign on later a few times and they go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 2023 and this is the last version I will ever buy. I get these popups constantly and they are driving me crazy. I have found a great substitue and I'm transitioning over to that and hope to never have to deal with Adobe again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Please share what the substitute is: I might join you. Adobe - the whole outfit from top to bottom - is a plague, and I take every opportunity afforded to run them down in every forum possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will share more info as I try out the program.  I hate to say as it may not be as good as the bloggers say. I promise to follow up soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come the Community Guides and so called Experts don't get these Popups and don't know about them! Because they run the latest versions of everything! Not all of us need or want the latest software because we are quite happy with what we have. Inform us once then leave us alone Adobe! We'll upgrade when we're ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You clearly didn't read my post... You will get that for a while with older versions.   I have all versions from version 10 to 24 installed and I dont get them at all any more.   I just end up clicking on them a few times and they go away."

All the "guides and so called experts" (they really are experts with the program- often with decades of experience and also typically have responded to over 10,000 posts each)- are aware of the pop ups. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amusing to me how people just accept this level of intrusive, super aggressive marketing (at which, I will add, Adobe excels) in applications that they would never accept in other areas of their lives. Just, "meh, ok, no big deal." But then, most "Guides" probably weren't even born when the analog equivalent to this --unsolicited telemarketing-- was a thing.

For those of us who were, however, it is beyond annoying. But if you enjoy Adobe interrupting your workflow to sell you more enhanced avatar frames, or whatever -- knock yourself out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I totally agree with you. If this were free software or even a trial .. I could see the use of intrusive popups. But with a product we have paid for ... it is unacceptable and makes me really, really hate Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines