• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New table view

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a new Table View, in addition to the current Grid and Single Picture views. Windows Music Player may serve as an example for what I want. WMP's Details has a tabular view with songs in the first column on the left (so, one row per song) and the metadata are in the top row (one metadatum per column), where each metadatum may be selected from a roll-down menu or from a field chooser. Such a table would offer a direct overview of metadata for a number of (selected) picture files. I'm a layman, but still, I'm surprised that this has, until now, not been implemented in the Organizer.

TOPICS
Feature request , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Van, this is a user-to-user forum.  We don't work at Adobe.  Written communications can sometimes seem rude, sniffish and I apologize if I'm coming off that way.  Merry Christmas to you even.  😃  Just that there's a better suited forum for ideas like yours over here that you probably weren't aware of.  Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phinny,

Thank you for your help. I was rather confused by the fact that one of the flags that one may append to a post is "Feature request", so I supposed that I was in the right place. I wasn't supposing that you were an Adobe employee.

Rik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rik,

I don't see how your 'tabular' view could be implemented with the high number of metadata columns. Such a display is adequate for a few columns and it's common in spreadsheets;  it's not really practical with many different search fields which may even require to be presented hierarchically. But probably I don't see what you have in mind and a bit more description could help.

About using the feedback forum, I am a bit skeptical, because your request will be read, no doubt, but there is practically no answer from people who have a decision power for Elements. Your request is about a different interface for a feature which is already covered either by the menu Find >> by details or the visual search (magnifier top right). To get some weight, similar requests have to receive many 'me too' ratings;  if other Elements users don't see clearly how that would be implemented, you won't receive much support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Michel,
I'm sorry for not having been very clear. I do agre that things would have been rather messy and impractical if all metadata fields would have been represented, one column per field. I would have been very satisfied with, let's say, 4 or 5 columns or fields, provided one could somehow choose which of the many metadata fields are in which column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to mention an example in support of my idea of a tabular explorer-like view. If I would have a folder containing a large number of pictures and would like to know which of these have a caption and which ones don't, I would have to browse through all pictures individually in a single-picture view.
I shall post my feature request in the proper forum, as you suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines