• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik Collection and Elements 2020

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot get the Nik Collection to work with Elements 2020. Plugin listed but will not load

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 or Mac OS 10.15?

Was Nik Collection installed with a previous version of PSE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Mac. Free version of Nik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Catalina I doubt the free version will ever work as I believe they are 32 bit plugins. You could. Check with DXO but you may need to pay for the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Catalina. Purchased NIk Collection. Nik is in the plug in file but will not run. Reloaded Elements, etc. Must not be compatible with Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find a solution quicker at DXO Support.  Lots of Nik collection users there vs a small number here that may be as familiar with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with DXO, but do not feel any closer to a solution. The Nik Collection files are in the Plugins folder in the the Support Files folder in Elements Editor. The Nik Collection plugis are recognized in Elements but will not open. The extension is .plugins and does not seem to be recognized by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs, and the Nik free collection works fine on my Windows installation of Elements 2020.  But here is an article related to Catalina plug-in problems for Photoshop CC.   Maybe something will help there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My free Nik collection with not work on my windows 10 installation of pse20. It works fine in my pse13 but recently got a new camera and pae13 doesn't recognize the file ext of the new RAW files so I installed the trial version of pse20. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shannon, did you install the Nik plug-in after installing Elements 2020?  Or were you just hoping that installing Elements would find the Nik Collection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was told pse20 should be able to find the plugin 

when it didn't I directed pse20 to the nik folder

I can see the plugin

it looks like it will work

but when nik goes back to pse the new layer isn't created and effect never makes it over

if that makes sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines