• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z6 RAW files won't open.

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded DNG Converter 11.1 for Elements 15 and when I try to open Nikon Z6 RAW files Elements says it does not recognise that format.  Yet DNG 11.1 supports Nikon Z6. What is wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must batch convert a folder of NEF files into DNG. Launch the DNG Converter app. Select your source folder with the NEFs and choose a new destination folder for the DNGs. When conversion is complete import the DNGs from the new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is that PSE15 can't be updated to ACR 11.1 (only the current PSE2019 is compatible).

FAQ: Will Photoshop Elements work with my camera, or Why won't my raw files open?

The links in the above faq tell you:

- which ACR converter version is required for you camera

- which ACR version your Elements version supports.

The general rule is that if the camera is newer than the PSE version, you can't update because each camera model comes with its own unique raw format.

If you don't want to pay the upgrade to the current PSE2019 version, you can download the free Adobe DNGconverter software mentionned in the above faq. That standalone program (not a plugin) can batch convert a whole folder of your NEF files to the DNG raw format that your PSE15 can read and edit. An additional (batch) step, with the same quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the Nikon Z 6II you can update the EXIF data and it'll work.   This website helped me https://node14.com/Public/Blog/OpenNikonZ6IIRaw.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines