• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z8 RAW

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a Nikon Z8 and the Elements 2021 I have will not read the RAW files. The plugin 15.3 did not do the trick, so I'm wondering if Elements2023 would work with the new formats of Nikon Z

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Your new camera requires ACR 15.3.  Even if you purchased Elements 2023, it only updates natively to ACR 14.x.  However, there is a workaround that should work for your existing version of Elements (2021 aka version 19).  I assume that you tried to update to ACR 15.3 from the Adobe ACR installer page.  If so, the plug-in was installed in the Photoshop Creative Cloud directory: 

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats

You must copy the Camera Raw.8bi file from that director

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your new camera requires ACR 15.3.  Even if you purchased Elements 2023, it only updates natively to ACR 14.x.  However, there is a workaround that should work for your existing version of Elements (2021 aka version 19).  I assume that you tried to update to ACR 15.3 from the Adobe ACR installer page.  If so, the plug-in was installed in the Photoshop Creative Cloud directory: 

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats

You must copy the Camera Raw.8bi file from that directory to the plug-in folder for Elements 2021:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 19\File Formats

I currently have ACR 15.2 working in Elements 2021, so there should be no reason why ACR 15.3 won't work.

You didn't say whether you have Windows or a Mac.   If you need instructions for Mac, check out this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's for a new iMac with M1 chip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing worked, so I am not sure how I will get my version to read the new RAW files. Unless I have to upgrade to Elelements 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hve used Elements 2023 on Dell Windows  for months on Nikon D500 RAW pictures and have now downloaded 15.5 multiple times, but Eleements still wont let me process Nikon Z8 RAW photos .  The Adobe supported versions page shows  Z8 "planned" camera matching profile available, now over 3 months since Z8 avaialble ! About ready to jumo ship to ON1.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

Exactly how do we go about copying this into PSE 2023.  This is frustrating.  I would expect Adobe to deal with this on a much more timely basis given Nikon is one of the 3 top camera brands or at least provide a detailed work around explaining each step.  Your help will be appreciated,  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I never did add the plug-in to the folder and remember doing that with previous versions. Will try again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Using the latest MacOS and the attached instructions with the file paths don't work, there aren't the same paths on my Mac. Hoping someone can weigh in with the correct paths and the workaround. I have downloaded Carmera Raw 15.4 but the Photoshop Elements 2023 is still showing the Camera Raw 14.4 plug-in. Thank you in advnace for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John30640415jate, did you look at the linked article (now found on Archive.org)?  The path to copy the plug-in file for Macs is /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/File Formats.  According to the instructions, the path to copy the file to is:  /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/Elements<Version Number>/File Formats.  The version number for Elements 2023 is 21

I know nothing about Macs.  So, if you are still having trouble finding the correct paths, we can call upon another Community Expert to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up figuring it out. Apparently there are two different "Library" folder locations on a Mac. I was using the one under my UserId, not the one under the main hard drive. Appreciate the follow up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are actually 3 Library folders: Local, User and System

https://cleanmymac.com/blog/macos-library-folder

Glad you got it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pedrito 85750 the Adobe camera compatibility page shows that the Nikon Z8 requires ACR 15.3.  It is only the specific camera profile that is planned.  So, I'm assuming that ACR 15.3 or later will indeed be able to interpret your raw files for editing.  You say that you have now downloaded ACR 15.5 many times.  Simply downloading the plug-in is not sufficient to install the plug-in into Elements.  You must follow the instructions that I have provided in my earlier posts precisely.  As you can see from the following screenshot, I have ACR 15.5.x.x working in Elements 2023.

Ashampoo_Snap_Monday, September 11, 2023_15h52m15s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Coldsnap, detailed instructions can be found at this linked page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's my question - why is this necessary? Not as in why does the file need to be in that location but why can't Adobe generate an installer which puts the file where it needs to be in the first place? It seems like an actively user hostile procedure to install the file in the wrong location!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines