• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No image after clicking on thumbnail

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest release of Elements 2021 I can no longer view any images once I double click on the thumbnail. A grey box with a question mark shows up on the screen. Doesnt matter if the image is JPEG or RAW.  Any insights? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you select an image and use the update thumbnail command? [Edit>Update thumbnail or Ctrl+Shift+U]

From which version did you update or are you talking about after the recent 2021 update?  Did you convert your old catalog?  How large is your catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg_S. Thanks for the response to my question. 

Nothing happens when I use update thumbnail. The same screen appears with a grey box and a question mark. 

I has Photoshop Elements 2019 previously and purchased the update to 2021.  Upgrading went without issue and I converted my entire catalog.  Once that was done I removed the old software. Everything functioned fine for several weeks and then (if I remember correctly) there was an update which I performed. Thats when I could no longer view anything but thumbnails. 

My catalog is over 116,000 photos. I have been using Elements for many many years. 

I have installed new RAW photos and even those have the same problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the details of the software/system:

Elements Organizer 19.0.0.0
Core Version: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261)
Language Version: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261)

Current Catalog:
Catalog Name: My Catalog 1
Catalog Location: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog 1\
Catalog Size: 711.9MB
Catalog Cache Size: 2.7GB

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:15 Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Built-in Memory: 63.9GB
Free Memory: 53.7GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a screenshot of the Organizer with the broken thumbnails.

Can you create a new catalog and import a few photos to see whether the thumbnails appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  and also do a repair and optimization of the problem catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did a repair and optimization of the catalog (it said it didnt need repair, but I repaired it anyway as that was an option. Still can't get a thumbnail to open into a full photo on my screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glen16B8_0-1615760212269.png

Here is what appears on my screen when I click on a thumbnail to open the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of your monitor?

Do the thumbnails show in the grid?  In other words, does the problem only exist in Full Screen View?

Have you tried to create a new catalog and import a problem file into it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My monitor is a Dell Ultrasharp U4919DW.  The thumbnails show in the grid, its only when I try to open a thumbnail to full screen do I see a grey box with a question mark in it.  I can export any of the thumbnails to another program and the file opens right away to full screen. 

If I select a thumbnail in the grid and use the menu to open to full screen the photo opens. It's only when I double click on a thumbnail that the grey box with a question mark shows up. Very odd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't answered whether the problem exists with a new catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OH, sorry. Yes, when I create a new catalog same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines