• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Location Functionality in Elements Organizer

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to review and add location information to my photos and I don't seem to have any location functionality in Elements Organizer.  When I go to the Places tab, none of my photos show up in the Pinned section, even though many were thake with an iPhone XR and should have GPS data in the file.  When I go to the Unpinned section, the map area is blank so I cannot drag any photos to a location on the map and search for a location does not work.  I have a working internet connection.  Is there something I need to do to turn on the location functionality?  I am working with Organizer 2021 Version 19.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this HelpX article will be of assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, Thanks for replying.  I have read this article over several timesbefore looking for something I have missed.  I don't have any of the functionality described in this article.  All my photos show up in the Unpinned Section, even though many of them have GPS Data in their file Metadata.  The map area is completely blank; just a big grey square.  I cannot drag files to the map area and I cannot add locations or search for locations.  None of this works.  What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  I can't help you any further.  For my purposes, I find it more valuable to locate my photos using keyword tags rather than the Places utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large number of photos with GPS data, so I really need the automated capability that will assign locations to these pictures.  I hope some additional Adobe staff will look at this issue and be able to suggest a fix rather than a manual workaround that would be very time intensive.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After powering down overnight, the location functionality seems to be working correctly this morning.  Thanks for your help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When all else fails . . . .  reboot!!  😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines