• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No thumbnail for big photos

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All, I recently changed my phone ad have now a Samsung S20. I played around with 108 megapixel photo and I am quite happy with the results. However, while the files are imported correctly into Elements organizer there is no thumbnail for them and I suspect they are also not analyzed. Did anyone have a similar problem with high megapixel files ? How to solve this issue ? Any suggestion welcome ....

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Hi Old Jack,

I had the same problem with some large TIFF files. I had to edit my Windows registry to increase the maximum image size in the Organizer. Check out the details HERE. Just bear in mind that this requires you to edit the Windows Registry. If not followed correctly, you can screw up your system. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Old Jack,

I had the same problem with some large TIFF files. I had to edit my Windows registry to increase the maximum image size in the Organizer. Check out the details HERE. Just bear in mind that this requires you to edit the Windows Registry. If not followed correctly, you can screw up your system. Good luck!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walter, thanks, I just tried the registry hack and it worked !!
Still puzzled though why a registry hack is required to make a product from
a big company work with today´s mobile phone files....

--
Flavio Giacobone
<personal contact details removed> 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Old Jack,

I don't know why they set the default so low. Maybe it's for those folks that buy bare bones, entry level laptops because they're cheap.

I've had to increase my MaxImageSize twice. The last time I set it to 400 megapixels (419430400). My PC has 32 GB of memory.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 108 Mp photo. My registry, if I am looking in the right place, has no key elements organizer under Adobe, just Acrobat Reader, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe ARM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 108 Mp photo. My registry, if I am looking in the right place, has no key elements organizer under Adobe, just Acrobat Reader, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe ARM.

By @cawolfe1939

Hmmmm . . . .  I just looked in my registry for the key described in the linked article and could only find entries for Elements versions 10, 11 and 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @cawolfe1939

Hmmmm . . . .  I just looked in my registry for the key described in the linked article and could only find entries for Elements versions 10, 11 and 12.

By @Greg_S.

Same for me.

My guess is that there is an error in the Adobe tech doc which has been recently modified.

If the big file can be still be opened in the editor but can't display a thumbnail in the organizer, I suggest to create a very small copy of the file as kind of preview and to stack it together with the original as the top of stack. That will make visual searches possible in the browsing space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that there is an error in the Adobe tech doc which has been recently modified.

If the big file can be still be opened in the editor but can't display a thumbnail in the organizer, I suggest to create a very small copy of the file as kind of preview and to stack it together with the original as the top of stack. That will make visual searches possible in the browsing space.

By @MichelBParis

Hi Michel,

There IS an error in the Adobe tech doc. I have a 64 bit Windows 10 PC. I found the section that needed to be edited in the 32 bit key area. It is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Elements Organizer\X.0\Organizer". The 64 bit "Wow6432Node\Adobe\elements organizer\X.0\Organizer" did NOT exist in my registry.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have a similar problem.  I get a thumbnail that looks like a torn sheet of paper. The General Information and the Metadata are correct.

Is that what you got?

I've never edited the Windows Registry.  Is there really no other way?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@retiredtechie, yes, you are seeing the symptoms of exceeding the maximize file size.  And yes, AFAIK, the only solution is to change the registry (or reduce the photo resolution).

And a retired techie who has never edited the Windows Registry??????  If you are nervous about it, just make sure you have a good system backup in place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt reply confirming my suspicions.

And, there were computers before the PC . . . .

Regards,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines