Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to upload images into Photoshop Elements 11

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

First time trying to use Photoshop Elements 11. I went to Import, then selected card reader. I can watch the files being copied, all the way to 100%. Then I receive this message:

"Nothing was imported. The file(s) or folder(s) selected to import did not contain any supported file types, or the files are already in this Catalog."

Can anyone assist me? I'm able to upload the same photos into Lightroom 6 just fine.

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Your camera requires Adobe Camera Raw 7.3.  Elements 11 shipped with ACR 7.1.  However, there was an update to 7.4.  So, see if you can update the program, via the Help>Updates menu.  If you are able to update the program, your raw files should be recognized.  Let us know, and if it doesn't work, I may have another suggestion for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your first time using a program that was released almost 10 years ago?  Was this your first time importing files into a catalog?  Or did you have an earlier version of Elements that had a catalog that was converted to Elements 11?

Are the files raw files?  What camera is the source of the files?

What happens if you create a new catalog in File>Manage Catalogs?  Are you able to import the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this was my first time trying to use Photoshop at all. I received Photoshop Elements 11 as a gift and it sat on my shelf for 9 years or so because I use Lightroom. Got curious and decided to give it a try. So brand new. No catalogs. No existing pictures.

I use a Canon Eos 6d. 

All images are RAW. 

I tried the path you suggested. It created a Catalog apparently, but don't know how to attempt importing photos into it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera requires Adobe Camera Raw 7.3.  Elements 11 shipped with ACR 7.1.  However, there was an update to 7.4.  So, see if you can update the program, via the Help>Updates menu.  If you are able to update the program, your raw files should be recognized.  Let us know, and if it doesn't work, I may have another suggestion for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, by George, you've done it! I did the update and now my images imported! Thanks so much!

I'm obviously a begginner with Photoshop. Lightroom's been my editing tool of choice, but I wanted to give Photoshop a try for some specific edits. I sure appreciate you, Greg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back that you were able to update the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines