• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number of photos in collage

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many photos will Elements put into one photo collage?  Is it dependent on paper size?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Online help:

Photoshop Elements photo projects

It seems that the guided edit process is limited to 8 photos.

I don't use this guided mode, only the expert one, where you don't have any limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Online help:

Photoshop Elements photo projects

It seems that the guided edit process is limited to 8 photos.

I don't use this guided mode, only the expert one, where you don't have any limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest layouts are interactive, letting you add or delete photos with the templates updating instantly. The sizes are fixed e.g. for Instagram, Facebook etc. but you can create a custom collage. I have a couple of videos that may help.

The new interactive collage layouts in PSE 2019

https://youtu.be/Yx0wgWSPTfE

Create a custom collage manually

https://youtu.be/MM1Ey3T3o0Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99Jon,

I have watched your videos and you seem to have more Portrait Collage Templates in PSE 2019 than I have in PSE2022. I only have two whereas you appear to have four Portrait templates? 

Also you say they are interactive. You can certainly delete a photo but I cannot find how to add another. There appears to be a strict limit of 8 photos?

I have tried making a custom collage template but having problems with the Clipping Mask not being retrained by the stroke outline of the boxes. I have posted on this forum for some help with this.

Many thanks for your tutorials on YouTube

Fozzie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FozzieBear, the number of templates available depends on how many photos are in the collage.  With 8 photos (which is the maximum for the Collage Creator), you only get 2 Portrait choices.  With 6 photos, you get 4.

Snap_2022.04.01_12h31m01s_000.png

You can add photos to the collage from the buttons in the top right of the Collage Creator window:

Snap_2022.04.01_12h39m23s_005.png

Can you explain in more detail what problems you are having with clipping masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks GregS, Ahh that now makes sense. I have always loaded more than 8 photos which is why I can only see 2 portrait styles. I have just tried with 4 photos and as you say you get more options. I wish Adobe had stuck with the previous method of guided photo collage in PSE 2019?? which allowed you to select a paper size and aparently no limit on number of pictures (but maybe im wrong as my previus version was PSE 11).

The problem I am having is that I need more than 8 photos so I tried to follow an online tutorial on creting a bespoke collage template. I have tried an easy one to start to see if it works which is basically an A4 page divided into 8 using the Guide tool and then creating a layer over each of the 8 rectangles. I then selected each rectangle layer and used the Stroke Outline tool to create a 15pixel outline in white around each rectangle. However when I drag a photo onto the rectangle, resize it accordingly and choose Clipping Mask the photo goes behind the rectangle but not entirely. It obsures the stroke outline so you cant see the white border created. See the full post here 

Many thanks

Fozzie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines