• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old version of PSE not loading

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running an old version of PSE 8 on my old iMac under Apple's OSX 10.13.6 which has just refused to load citing some sort of Creative Cloud installer failure.

Since all of Adobe's products have now moved to a Cloud environment now, how can i go about re-establishing/re-setting my current version that I have installed on my hard drive so that I can get back to using PSE 8?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Download and install , How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything I could find say the same thing , you're SOL.   You're OS is old, You'r software is really old. That pretty much sums it up.   Probably time  to upgrade your OS (which means a new mac in your case) and the PSE software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since all of Adobe's products have now moved to a Cloud environment now,

By @magillaonfire

Photoshop Elements hasn't moved to the cloud, however, you can try installing the Creative Cloud Desktop App and see if PSE 8 will open.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You actually ran the installer and pse 8 installed and your trying to run pse 8 for the first time?

Can you post a screenshot of the message your getting?

A majority of the time you need to follow the directions here under Creative Suite 5.5, 5, and 4 in order

to install older adobe software on Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hadn't considered older versions of ther cc suite.   I think making older software still work 13 years after it's release date simply isn't worth the effort, but sometimes people have their preferences on things- which sometimes makes it quite diffiuclt to provide any help.   I've heard "But I paid good money for the software" "It was good enough"   "the newer versions are "buggy"  "I'll stay with windows 95- best version of windows anyway."

Case in point:   Adobe Premiere Elements 2022--- I find it convoluted, and containing too many features--- I don't need cenimatic effects for a video of my cat playing with a toy on my living room floor.   My "go to" for quick slide shows and simple video editing?   Windows movie maker, hasn't been supported for years has been replaced with "better" more complicated software.   It's release date was about the same exact time as PSE 8.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines