• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older version of Photoshop Elements (8) won't load now

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of March 13, 2022 an older version of PSE 8 was working correctly on my older (circa late 2011) iMac running under Mac High Sierra OS 10.13.6.  As of today, 3/15/22 it won't load and yields some sort of Adobe Creative Cloud message.  Has anything changed that would cause PSE 8 not to function now on older iMacs running older Apple OS variations?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact wording of the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It tells me that I must download a newer version of Adobe's Creative Cloud (which won't run on my current Apple OSX software).  It says "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve the issue.  Please click "repair" to fix the issue.  If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from 'http://www.adove.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp.'"  and gives me an either "Quit" or "Repair" button at the bottom of the message.  The link from Adobe leads me to a link that says I must first uninstall my current version then download the "latest" version - which I already know won't run under my current system.  Worked one day... the next, evidently the Adobe Creative Cloud portion of the software wouldn't work with my system.  See attached screenshot of the message from Adobe Creative Cloud.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that Photoshop Elements is not working with iMac. 

Which version of mac are you on? Did you recently update anything or try re-installing the application?

What is the error message that you see? Would you mind updating macOS to the latest version so that you can use the latest version of Photoshop Elements as well without any problem?

You can download the latest version here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It tells me that I must download a newer version of Adobe's Creative Cloud (which won't run on my current Apple OSX software).  It says "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve the issue.  Please click "repair" to fix the issue.  If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from 'http://www.adove.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp.'"  and gives me an either "Quit" or "Repair" button at the bottom of the message.  The link from Adobe leads me to a link that says I must first uninstall my current version then download the "latest" version - which I already know won't run under my current system.  Worked one day... the next, evidently the Adobe Creative Cloud portion of the software wouldn't work with my system.  See attached screenshot of the message from Adobe Creative Cloud.

I'll try the new link you just provided and see if that does anything to get the program back up and running.

Thanks.

(UPDATE)

Just tried the link you provided here... won't work... says that the system requirements running on an Apple system requires mac OS 10.15 or macOS 11 (whatever "mac OS 11" is).  My system's still running Mac OS 10.13.6 which is the highest version of the Mac OSX that my system can run.

Not understanding why PS Elements worked one day and the next it stopped working and started giving me the error message about installing a "new" version of Adobe Creative Cloud.

For your reference, the serial number for my copy of Elements is 1057-0354-3276-8926-6893-7963 which WAS registered with Adobe when I purchased the copy originally.  I still have the disc in my posession and have tried reinstalling it directly from disc but still get the new Adobe Creative Cloud error message trying to lead me to the "latest version".

All I'm looking for is a link to re-install whichever version of Adobe Creative Cloud that, up until recently, ran on my hardware running Apple's OSX 10.13.6 system software.  Any help you can be to further sort this out is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW... I hadn't done "anything" to my system recently nor did I have any recent "problems" - software or hardware-related.  Nothing that might have changed any settings in my installed system files.  The OS on my system is updated as far as it will go at this point.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines