Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open a real RAW file with Pe2022

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I used for ages Pe11 for image analisys and I was happy with it.

One day my organization push some system update on my Win10 laptop and Pe11 gone...

I installed Pe2022 and, trying the usual stuff, I get the first problem:

if I try to open one of my .raw files (I mean REAL raw file, NOT coming from a camera but an array of bytes without any header) it give me an error (... not the right kind of document).

Is the "modern" version of Pe able to open such images?

Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

If your job requires working with "RAW" files on a regular basis, perhaps you could convince them to get you a subscription to photoshop, which still supports the "RAW" format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I used for ages Pe11 for image analisys and I was happy with it.

One day my organization push some system update on my Win10 laptop and Pe11 gone...

I installed Pe2022 and, trying the usual stuff, I get the first problem:

if I try to open one of my .raw files (I mean REAL raw file, NOT coming from a camera but an array of bytes without any header) it give me an error (... not the right kind of document).

Is the "modern" version of Pe able to open such images?

Thanks a lot!

By @Dadeur

The type of  'raw' files 'NOT coming from a camera...' has never been supported by any version of ACR.

Even the very old 'photoshop raw' format that nobody uses was no longer supported in PE11 as far as I know. You must have had a different software to manage them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply MichelBParis.

Sorry but I'm quite sure I was using Pe11 in the last 10+ years to open byte array image files.

Unfortunately I cannot take some screenshot to show you but I can tell this:

Opening such files Pe11 asks, with a pop-up, how many colums and rows is the image (also "guess" button present) and also how many byte per pixel.

'photoshop raw' remembers me something... it could be the one... I wonder why Adobe dismiss this... I would dismiss Pe2022 too maybe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was definitely the "photoshop raw" format or "raw bitmap file" as visible in this site:
http://shutha.org/node/850 or explained here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_image_format

Now... really Pe2022 has not chance to open such "photoshop raw"? (no plugin or other)

Can the full Photoshop open those files?

Any other idea?

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I found the original box I realized that I was using Pe4 🙂
And I also found a post explaining the same:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/photoshop-elements-photoshop-raw-forma...

What a pity... I'm going to install IrfanView instead...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I found the original box I realized that I was using Pe4 🙂
And I also found a post explaining the same:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/photoshop-elements-photoshop-raw-forma...

What a pity... I'm going to install IrfanView instead...

By @Dadeur

I just tried with the Elements versions still installed on my computer: PSE6 and PSE10 did support the 'Photoshop raw' format, PSE12 did not. PSE11 is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your job requires working with "RAW" files on a regular basis, perhaps you could convince them to get you a subscription to photoshop, which still supports the "RAW" format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, at the end the problem solved itself... I asked a Pe licence and they give me a Ph cc anyway.

Too much for what I do but that's it...
Thanks you all for the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines