• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a blank file in the same editing as a photo.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to Photoshop Elements (P. E.) 2023 from P.E. 7.  In 7 I was able to open a blank file into the same workspace as a photo that I was editing and move a selected part of the photo to the blank file using the move tool.  when I open a blank file in P.E. 2023 it goes into the photo bin as a separate file and I cant get it to open in the same workspace as another photo.  What am I not doing to achieve what I was able to achieve in P.E. 7?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Go to Edit menu>Preferences>General and check "Allow floating documents in advanced mode."  Does that fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit menu>Preferences>General and check "Allow floating documents in advanced mode."  Does that fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Just returned from holls. Will try your
advice. Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice.  Works perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternative method is to select an option from the Window>Images menu.  In this screenshot, I have used the Tile option:

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, October 15, 2023_17h50m28s_multi.png

This allows you to click and drag a layer from the Layers panel to the new file or click and drag the photo from the Photo Bin to the new file.  If you only want a single layer to be transferred to the new file, you can hide the other layers in the source image and only the visible layer will be dragged from the Photo Bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg S. Thank you for advice, just returned from holls. I did not
receive the screen shot? Joe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joseph!

Another quick way to put 2 or more images in the same workspace is to use the "Layout" button in the bottom toolbar. Just click on the Layout button, then pick one of the Grid, Column, or Row options available. And you can return to the Default also.

Screenshot 2023-10-24 082235.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines