• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening multiple files into layers

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me, with Photoshop Elements 2020, is there an easy way to open multiple files as separate layers in a single image?
At the moment, I seem to have to open them all then individually Select All; Edit -> Copy then Paste into the combined image.

TIA

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

1. Go to File>New>blank file. Enter the appropriate dimensions so that the multiple picture files will fit. This will be your canvas.

2. Go to File>place and point to picture file #1, and place.

3. Repeat for file #2

4. Continue with the other files. Each file will come in on a separate layer. You can resize, if necessary, with the corner handles of the bounding box. With the move tool you can position each picture file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

I suggest having a look at the very affordable add-on Elements+ which adds a number of missing features via scripts.

One of those scripts is file piler:

https://elementsplus.net/help/en/file-piler.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to File>New>blank file. Enter the appropriate dimensions so that the multiple picture files will fit. This will be your canvas.

2. Go to File>place and point to picture file #1, and place.

3. Repeat for file #2

4. Continue with the other files. Each file will come in on a separate layer. You can resize, if necessary, with the corner handles of the bounding box. With the move tool you can position each picture file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - that's a little bit simpler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest having a look at the very affordable add-on Elements+ which adds a number of missing features via scripts.

One of those scripts is file piler:

https://elementsplus.net/help/en/file-piler.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michel, that is more like the kind of shortcut that I was hoping to find, albeit requiring an add-in.  I'll certainly take a look at Elements+ - it just means even more to learn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines