• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening RAW files

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Panasonic LX7 can produce RAW files.  I thought I could open them in PE 8.  Apparently not.  Is there a "plug-in" available?  Can later versions of PE open RAW files?  

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Panasonic LX7 can produce RAW files.  I thought I could open them in PE 8.  Apparently not.  Is there a "plug-in" available?  Can later versions of PE open RAW files?  

By @MartyDC

According to this faq, the LX7 was first supported with PSE11.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-...

So, if you don't want to update to a recent version of PSE, you'll have to use the free Adobe DNGconverter which is a standalone program, not a plugin, which can batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the on prioritary raw format DNG which can be read and edited with your PSE8 and other older versions. An additional batch step, but free and with raw quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the prompt response. I had forgotten that my LX7 raw files had to first be converted to dng.  

To save others a bit of time, here's the link for downloading the  DNGConverter.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html#downloads

Once my RAW files were in "dng" format, I was able to open them in my ancient copy of PE8!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines