• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening, viewing and editing in PDE 2024

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you open, view and edit multiple images in PSE 2024 in the same workspace? In PSE 11 we could open multiple PDFs and blank files and view in the same workspace. 

TOPICS
Actions , Creative , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Well, I'll assume something different.

Go to Edit>Preferences>General and check the box to Allow Floating Documents in Advanced Mode.  I believe this was the option that was on by default in Elements 11.  That behavior changed to off by default several versions ago.

Ashampoo_Snap_Monday, March 11, 2024_16h42m17s10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you mean the same canvas.   By default: you open up stuff, and it appears in your photobin at the bottom of the program.   You then would drag whatever you need onto the canvas, or work on each image individually.   You can also arrange to view all the images at once by tiling them. 

2024-03-11_161407.png
2024-03-11_162300.png
When I tile things I typically only do it with two images side by side. 

Photoshop, not PSE, uses "Artboards" which is like having multiple canvases open with different parts being part of the same project. 2024-03-11_162033.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll assume something different.

Go to Edit>Preferences>General and check the box to Allow Floating Documents in Advanced Mode.  I believe this was the option that was on by default in Elements 11.  That behavior changed to off by default several versions ago.

Ashampoo_Snap_Monday, March 11, 2024_16h42m17s10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use floating documents so I never really thing about offering that as an option.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. It had been a very long time and a different version since I had to edit my preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines