• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organiser

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought Elements 2021 mainly to use Organiser but I find it buggy and clumsy. When I move from one directory to another on the directory tree the screen flickers and after a few seconds the screen returns to the previous directory for a split second before settling into the directory I am trying to view. All that accompanied by more flickering of the screen. Is there a cure for this?

I bracket my exposures so usually two thirds of my shots are deleted. To delete an image in Organiser however I need to select the image, press delete, then check the box to also delete from the hard disk and then hit OK. That makes the process take three or four times as long. I want to select, press delete and gone from the catalogue and from the hard drive. I could do that in Bridge, why can't I do it here?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any performance problems may be affected by media analysis taking place in the background.  If you go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and uncheck all of the boxes, does it make a difference?

A large part of the Elements user base consists of novice users.  The check box for deleting files from the hard drive is undoubtedly a safety net for those users.

(I assume you know that you can select and delete multiple files at once.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines