• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer 2020: Please connect to windows default emailer

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the others windows 10 programs use the windows default email program. Organizer 2020 can't seem to do that. Two problems:

1. No one in their right mind wants to share email login info with a third party program.

2. Gmail feels the same way in that they discourage random mailers from accessing my mail account. My emailer had a reasonable workaround for this using oauth2. Organizer is not that smart: it requires me to go through a long (30min+) process with gmail to get it recognized so that I can trust an unvetted program (Organizer)  with my email login info.

Did not have this problem with Organizer 15. This seems to be a major regression with zero added benefit.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has changed since Organizer 15 is that not only Gmail, but other mailing solutions have become very protective due to new malwares risks; the other protections introduced in the OS (Mac and Windows) and the antivirus and other utilites are doing the same.

Another thing is that old-school users like me don't bother much: they don't want different programs to 'speak together' with the inherent safety and privacy risks. They find natural to store the media they want to share temporarily on their desktop and use their mailing service to send them. Separating programs and data. At the same time, most new users find much more intuitive to ignore that program/data distinction and require programs to 'speak together'.

I have been able to set up the Organizer mail even with Win 10, Avast, Acronis active protection and more. However, I find natural to use the two-steps process. Using the organizer to export the batch of files to send in the correct dimensions and compression, possibly renamed and sorted, with the right color profile, with captions and tags if needed. Then using the mailing service to attach the files or send a link for big size files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, that seems to be the only option in 2020. The contact book import appears to hang indefinitely when I try to import 25 vcard contacts once there are 25 already in the book. So there is no mail-from-program option pending a program update.

The question is simply ease of use for the avid but non-professional user who wishes to edit-and-send a photo on the fly to a friend, vs the professional sending photos for publication. It works for the second user but not for the first (especially when coming from Elements 15). To that first user, it feels like a significant regression.

I do appreciate the process description. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not willing to trust Adobe with your private information but you do trust Google?  I wonder if you see as much irony in that statement as I do.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you misunderstand my issue. Yes, I have to share email login information with my email server (google in this case). But I prefer not to propagate that information across the whole panoply of applications on a Windows box. I am most nervous about having private information available to my Windows OS, which has a history of security issues (such as running Javascript files out-of-sandbox when clicked on -- which made gmail outlaw Javascript attachments!). It's not a question of trusting Adobe with the info, it's a question of trusting that a given program will be secure against hackers getting that info. Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines