Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer 2022 causing black screen

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell XPS 8940 running Windows 11

I had PS Elements 15.  Organizer had about 10,000 pictures cataloged and was working fine.  I installed PS Elements 2022 and it asked if I wanted to convert my exiting '15' files to '2022'.  I said yes.  

Now when I open Organizer, I see one of my photos briefly.  Then, the entire screen goes black.  It occasionally flickers for a split second.  I have to use Task Manager to shutdown Organizer.  Photoshop Elements and Premiere Element both work fine.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also have this issue. Hate to have to rebuild my catalog for a bug. But if that is what it take to find out what happened, so be it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same for me, crashing when importing media in orqanizer 2022, latest updates in Windows 11, Adobe and drivers for HP Pavilion 15-EG0036.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

After a complete gut of  ALL Adobe products and a fresh download and re-install of the same, the 2022 Organizer now launches fine. Now the long (boring) task of reorganizing the Catalog begins yet again. I have come to expect this as normal behavior for Adobe product upgrades. Oh well back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to the Update:

Its Back. After launching fine at least 3 times without issue, the black screen is back. I really hate opening support tickets. Such a life drain.

Adobe Elements Organizer issue - Screenshot 2022-02-27 060111.jpg

 Granted, I have a lot going on. But this was working fine before 2022 version. So....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More updates.

I re-installed Version 2020 of the Elements suite, and it is aslo having issues. So I suspect this is more than an Adobe issue. I work for a company that is a big Adobe product house so this is a bit concerning.

I'll have to look into if this if being reported in the corproate production environment also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening with Organizer 2023. Practically is useless. Every command you click turns the screen black. Elements and Premier work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mario29864803re6e,  try the following:

• press the Shift key while opening the Organizer.  This will open the Catalog Manager. 
  • Create and Open a new catalog. 
  • If the program opens OK, go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and uncheck all the boxes.
  • Close the Organizer and relaunch it.
  • If the program opens, go to File>Manage Catalogs and open your old catalog and see if there is any difference with the black screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines