• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer 2022 fails on bulk import from OneDrive

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mix of 12,000 photos and Videos residing on OneDrive.  (1TB storage with Office365).

When I use the trial version of Organizer (that comes with Elements 2022) - it fails after about 50% of the way through a bulk import.  (I have purchased Elements but not applied key yet as I wanted to be sure all was working ok).

Thumbnails appear for those items processed but when I try again (and again...) to run the bulk import - it just keeps either hanging or Organizer screen stops altogether and it goes back to the initial splash screen that Elements displays (where organizer can be started from initially).

I tried turning off AntiVirus and stopping facial recognition scanning - but still hangs/fails.

System is a Windows 11 laptop with i9, 32GB RAM and 2TB SSD.

Windows fully up to date.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Import and export , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a different hardware with Win 10, so I can only give the following advice:

- Don't use the 'Bulk' import function, choose to Import from Files and folders and specify only the folders in the OnDrive system folder on your disk which you want to scan for import.

Click 'skip' to prevent the Bulk import and choose 'Get files from Files and Folders'.

- Create a new catalog in which you set the following  preference choices:

... Don't automatically update video thumbnails at that stage

... Disable (temporarily) all automatic options

... Don't include the OnDrive system folder in the watched folders (File > Watched folders...)

If you still have difficulties, import in several batches (subfolders). Better to find that some subfolders are not selected, you can always import them when you discover it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines