• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer 2023 can't handle 370 GB video files on Mac OS 13.2.1.

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building up new catalog with Organizer to organize 2000 video clips on external HD will work with the first 2/3 mov, mp4, m4v files. The last 1/3 comes only with audio files.

Mac mini, CPU 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7, 16 GB Ram, 2666 MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM.

Performance in preferences for fast activation.

Other catalog with 5500 pictures, well done.

Have you an idea?

Thanks Thomas.

TOPICS
Mac , Organizer , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs, but .m4v files are usually copy protected.  Is that a possible reason for the problems you are having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

Adobe software for Mac OSX is quite different to Windows apps.  Les options. The repair button in catalog administration was eliminated. Even German Adobe chat support doesn't know. If there is a file, which PSE can't manage, you have a message at the end of the import scan. I will try to import every folder step by step. Much work! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If somebody is following the present thread, I have not good news. Importing video-files from extern HD with PSE 2023 on Macintosh OSX 13.2.1 is a hazard game. Independent of the data volume. Adobe support has no answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines