• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer cpu's, overheating, and freezing

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying the Elements 2020, but I'm having trouble with Organizer. Whenever I use it, it overheats, the fan goes on and often, it freezes. I called tech support, but they couldn't help except to suggest I download it again... which I can't because it's a trial version. I don't want to buy it if it is going to keep doing that! Help?

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off all media analysis via the Edit>Preferences>Media-Analysis dialog?

When you first create a catalog in the Organizer, a lot of media analysis takes place in the background.  Auto creations in particular can take up a huge amount of CPU resources.  It is best to allow the media analysis to complete while the computer is unattended overnight for example.

If your computer is overheating to the point of crashing while media analysis is taking place, then you need to pay some attention to your computer.  Make sure the computer is in a cool, well-ventilated environment.  Clean out the dust bunnies, and consider whether your power supply and cooling fans are up to the challenge.  (This is just some general advice.  I see that you have a Mac about which I know nothing.  So, there may be some other issues to which I am oblivious.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Greg,

Thank you so much. This seems to have fixed the problem. I knew my Mac was clean, because I needed to get rid of some files, etc., so I knew that wasn’t the problem, but your suggestion worked great. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines