• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer: How to connect catalogues to a new device? (media already moved to new device)

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved all media to a new external device (NAS). How can i change the path from the catalogue(s)? Media is marked as "offline", since the catalogues try to access old path . I can do it photo by photo but I`m talking about more than 20000 photos. The folder-structure on the new device is the same as on the old one.

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Set the organizer left folders panel in tree mode and select the 'offline' items in the bottom of the list.

Click on one of the thumbnails showing the 'offline' icon (red circle with vertical bar on top).

In the right folder in  Information mode, you have the 'General' tab in which you find a Location section. Click on Location to open a dialog offering to reconnect files or drives.

In the organizer, moving files externally, even with the same folder structure does not solve the issue of the drive or NAS  identification being different, so reconnecting is not a realistic option.

I don't use NASes myself with the organizer. Only disavantages for me. That does not mean that some users are not successful in using them, but I never see them coming for help in this forum. So, my suggestion is to use one of the classical ways to 'move' a library to another drive: use the left folder in 'tree' mode and move whole folder trees by drag and drop from the original location to the new external one. Be patient, that can take time. If moving a part of a folder tree works for you, you can take the time to move the rest.

Moving your library externally and hoping to reconnect like in Lightroom is at best very painful in PSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank`s a lot for your constructive support and advise. I could follow you but I can still map only photo by photo on this way (explorer opens), since the button "map device again" is inactive (grey)

Jrgen22617420en7h_0-1647329547797.png

Since all my media is already on the new device I`m think about creating new catalogues....

Enjoy your day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines