• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer in PSE 2021 on Windows 10 constantly crashes after startup

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m running PSE 2021 on Windows 10. The Organizer crashes within 10 seconds or so, every time I start the application. I’ve seen various suggestions on this forum about how to deal with this issue, and I’ve tried all the ones I’ve seen without success. Most recently, I created a new catalog and adjusted the Files and Media Analysis preferences (unchecking the options as advised). The good news is Organizer didn’t crash with the new catalog. The bad news is when I switched back to my normal catalog, Organizer crashed again within a few seconds.

I’m now up to 21K photos in my organizer catalog. You may wonder how I was able to import 21K images when the Organizer crashes so soon after starting up. After much experimenting, I discovered a few weeks ago, that the way I can get Organizer to “stay up” is to simply not respond to the “Crash Report” dialog box at all.  If I click on the “Send” or “Don’t Send” buttons (either with or without commenting), Organizer simply crashes right after that. If I simply drag most of the dialog box right off the screen, Organizer stays up. I’ve “Sent” numerous dumps to Adobe both with and without comments, but I have yet to hear from anyone there. This is extremely frustrating. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me? I’ll try just about anything at this point. Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion Greg. I contacted support and someone remote connected to my system and repaired what she said was a corrupted catalog. I had previously tried using the "repair" button on the catalog, but it said there was nothing to repair.  Anyway, the system seems to be holding up so far and that's what really matters. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines