• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer opening bug in 2021

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and a number of others have experienced what can only be described as either a bug or a conflict between the Organizer (2021) and Windows 10, latest version.

When opening the Organizer, it opens to full screen and freezes the pull-down menus. It is resolved only if you go to the upper right Window square and reduce the Window size.  This occurs when the Task Bar is set to "Automatically hide the Taskbar".

What are the chances that Adobe will correct this bug anytime soon?  I rather like the Task Bar to be automatic and not having to reduce the Window every time I open the Organizer.  My Version 9 of Elements never had this problem.

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021
TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a resurgence of an older bug (in PSE15 but I am not sure).

The bug was solved in ulterior versions but it seems to reappear now.

If Adobe solved it once, there is hope that it can solve it now, but my advice would be to report it in the feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/photoshop-elements/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40873

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the chances that Adobe will correct this bug anytime soon?

Fat or slim.  Take your choice.  😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, oh ye of little faith. Hopeth endureth. Maybe-eth.

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, that a software giant like Adobe produces big bugs like this. I first thought the reason was, that I installed PS Elements with Windows 8 and changed later to Windows 10. I reinstalled PS Elements and spent hours to solve the problem. So, thank you very much for reporting this! My only explanation to this big bug in a selling version is, that those Adobe software engeneers are developping firtst for Mac-OS and only second for Microsoft OS. 

As a costumer I support the request for a quick fix of this bug! Greetings from Germany, Joachim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To @default2h8q24tmzvxb 

A 'bug' is a programming error which does not produce the intended result.

What you are experiencing is an incompatibility problem to use an old software on a new hardware.

What can we, PSE users, understand about the issue ?

About ten years ago, HD displays (1920 x 1080 pixels) were the common standard. Then Apple offered Hi Res Retina displays with twice that linear resolution on both smartphones and computers (2 x 2 = 4 times more pixels). It appeared that Apple was more advanced than Microsoft to adapt their softwares to the new technology. On the Microsoft side, that took more time and Windows programs had to be seriously re-programmed. The problem for Adobe was somewhat different for their different softwares. The worst situation was for Photoshop and Elements which were based on Windows programming platforms from 20 years back. It took something like 5 years of collaboration with Adobe to provide a solution to double the pixels dimensions vertically and horizontally. That's the 200% resolution introduced with PSE 13.1 if I remember well. The organizer, which had be revamped with version 11 did not need that solution but was able to be resized from the Windows display settings.

Rewriting Photoshop or Elements to be fully compatible with scalable resolution would be a complete rewriting, so don't expect many change now.

My only explanation to this big bug in a selling version is, that those Adobe software engeneers are developping firtst for Mac-OS and only second for Microsoft OS.

I am not in the secret, but that probably depends on which software they are working. Recent softwares like mobile ones are first offered for Apple, then for Android or Microsoft, but the organizer was originally a Windows only app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that when running older programs,  it's generally recommended that the taskbar is locked and "automatically hide" is turned off.  I don't know if that is the problem here, althoiugh your post implies it might be.

I know that PSE 2021 is not an "older" program, and it can be really annoying if you need to change a setting on your computer just to run a particular program, especially when the setting is something that makes the computer work or look the way you want it to.  But maybe this is what we need to do until (or if?) Adobe issues a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A 'bug' is a programming error which does not produce the intended result.

What you are experiencing is an incompatibility problem to use an old software on a new hardware."

If this "glitch" isn't "a programming error which does not produce the intended result", then I am St. Peter.  Those who don't pander to semantics will label this glitch a "bug", every bit as much as a cockroach is a "bug" and not simply an entity incompatible with its environment.

Anyone can design an app that is incompatible with current operating systems or hardware.  If it isn't a "bug" then it is careless disregard for the user base, which in my estimation is several magnitudes worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as I mentioned in my OP, my Elements 9 does not have this problem.  I just tried it.  I set my Task Bar to "automatic", loaded Elements 9 home page, clicked on "Organizer", and everything worked perfectly.

Adobe:  Why the regression?  Obviously, nothing has changed in Windows or my hardware to cause this BUG in Version 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playing with the Organizers for Elements 9 and 2021 as well as Task Bar settings, I discovered this:

1. Elements 2021:  With the Task Bar set to the LEFT side of the screen, the BUG manifests (frozen screen). With the Task Bar set to the BOTTOM of the screen the BUG does NOT manifest itself. The Organizer functioned as it should.

2. Elements 9:  Whether the Task Bar is set on the LEFT or on the BOTTOM, the Organizer functioned as it should.

Veddy in-ter-est-ing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gfmucci 

I think you have found where the bug is hidden:

Playing with the Organizers for Elements 9 and 2021 as well as Task Bar settings, I discovered this:

1. Elements 2021: With the Task Bar set to the LEFT side of the screen, the BUG manifests (frozen screen). With the Task Bar set to the BOTTOM of the screen the BUG does NOT manifest itself. The Organizer functioned as it should.

2. Elements 9: Whether the Task Bar is set on the LEFT or on the BOTTOM, the Organizer functioned as it should.

Veddy in-ter-est-ing.

Indeed!

Without your discovery, Adobe would have been totally unable to reproduce the issue and to have chance to solve it.

As I see it, one user in a hundred hides the task bar, and one in hundred of those sets the bar on the left (just kidding). It would be useful to also update your post in the feedback forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm left-handed. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My alleged discovery may have been a false alarm.

I opened the Organizer this morning, with the Task Bar on the bottom of the screen, and the Organizer was frozen until I clicked on the upper right Window square.

I swear the sequence I tried yesterday worked.  Quirky.

Back to square one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines