• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer won't open

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 - an upgrade from 2012 - for Christmas. I uploaded photos and attempted to look at them later.  I was unable to open the organizer.  I can open editor, but still not organizer.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to open the Organizer?

Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

What operating system?

If Windows, can you open it directly from the exe file in Program Files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you press the Shift key while launching the Organizer, the Manage Catalogs dialog should open.  Create a new empty catalog and see if you can open the Organizer with it.  If you can, try going back to the File>Manage Catalogs dialog and try repairing and optimizing the original catalog if it is available.  Upon completion of those operations, see if that catalog will open in the Organizer. 

If that doesn't work, lauch the Organizer with the Shift key pressed and open the new empty catalog again.  Go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and uncheck all boxes.  Then  return to the Original catalog and see what happens.

And before doing any of that, I suppose I should ask whether you attempted to convert what I assume is your version 12 (not 2012) catalog.  Or did you create a new catalog upon first launch of your Christmas present?  How did you import (upload?) files into that catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines