• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

organizer

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move a  folder in the organizer without coping the folder in that slot. I want to to line them up so that the flolder does not copy

Richard25204872ffh5_0-1668129676013.png

Richard

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do, or what the problem is when you try to do it.  Your screenshot shows that your folders are in the List View which presents a flat view of your imported folders in alpha-numeric order.  If you want to move folders around, you need to be in the Tree View.

Click on the hamburger icon shown in my screenshot and select View as Tree.  The Folders panel will then show a folder hiearchy that duplicates your Windows Explorer view.Snap_2022.11.10_23h34m45s_000.png

If this doesn't solve your problem, please explain in more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion.  I have so many pictures that i have trouble keeping them in order and labeled.  It is going to take days to sort it all out.  What i was trying to do is to get all the label folders together, then start the process.  When i try to click and try to move a folder to a location that i want ,it wants to copy that file to the slot that where i want to put the folder.  It is in tree mode.  I want to keep all the important folders in one area, then start delete the pictures i don't want.  Then start learning Photoshop.  I had piscisa and i was able to move folders around at will.  I don't know what i am missing.  It would seam that you could  organize your pictures any way you want. Finding pictures has been the hardest part of photoshop so far.  2000 of them.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I'm still having difficulty understanding the problem.

Please give us a specific example of the current location of the folder you want to move and the specific location where you want to move it to.  Include the complete path of the folder starting with the drive letter.  The Folders Panel even in tree view, follows the hiearchy of the OS which is in alpha-numeric order.  So if you are trying to move a folder named A to between the folders named B and C, it can't be done.  The folders will always follow the order A, B, C. 

If I have described what you are trying to do, then I'm guessing that the photos in folder A are being moved/copied to folder B or C when you try to drag or hover between them.

Finding photos should be the easiest part of using the Organizer.  Two thousand photos is not very hard to keep track of.  Did you mean 20,000?  I have over 200 thousand photos and can usually find what I am looking for within seconds.  If you give us more details about what you are trying to do, we can offer some strategies and suggestions for keeping track of your photos without moving a single folder or photo from its current location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to move folder 2016-02-24 gb-ob under folder 2015-07-06 Jr. folf  I want to have all the named folders together

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Richard25204872ffh5  said: I want to move folder 2016-02-24 gb-ob under folder 2015-07-06 Jr. folf I want to have all the named folders together

For the reason I have explained, you cannot do that.  The OS folder structure governs the folder structure in the Organizer's My Folders panel.  That folder structure is alpha-numeric.  Your screenshot shows that what you are trying to do would be contrary to the alpha-numeric ordering system.

If you want all of your golf photos together, then apply a keyword tag of Golf.  You can then check the box for the keyword tag Golf and all of your golf photos will be displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines