• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OS Monterey and elements 2021 doesn't function correctly , editor won't open. Any thoughts?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on what I can do about this. Editor won't open. Someone told me that Elements 2022 has the same problem. I tried to purchase Elements 2022 last night , it wouldn't download. Adobe never mentioned there was a problem with Elements 2021 and 2022 with Monterey. I did tell the this the software I was using, that didn't stop them selling me 2022 even though I believe  they are aware of problems. I asked for a refund.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like most users, you probably didn't read the fine print.  In Adobe's published System Requirements for Elements 2022, it specifically says macOS 10.15 or macOS 11.

Are you saying that somebody in the sales department told you something different? 

Several users have reported that Elements 2021 will actually work with Monterey.  But if they close and attempt to relaunch the program, it becomes non-responsive.  After a reboot of their computer, the program will again work for another session. While I am sure that Adobe is working on a fix for Elements 2022, I doubt that an update will be issued for Elements 2021.  But I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. You are correct, I didn't read the small print.   Last night sending emails back and forward to Adobe at no point was I told that 2022 would not function correctly even though I was asked which OS I was using. Being sold the software even though they knew there are issues isn't a practice I would expected from a company like Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me a private message with the name of the person you were communicating with?  Was it from an Adobe.com email address?  If so, I will certainly let Adobe know about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Upgrding to Monterey your Elements program, on which I run my business would no longer run. When contacting support all that they could offer me was the advice to not upgrade my system. The problem couldn’t be fixed anc I was told to wait a month. The result is so far, almost a month of missed business and $200 in repair costs to recover lost data. I’ve been contemplating trying to switch my operation to my New iPad Pro and subscribing to the Creative Suite, but now have grave reservations regarding the software's reliability. The issue has yet to be completely resolved as I need to download most of my photo date from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sign up for a year of photoshop-- -I pay about about $10.84 a month.....that's a little more than the repair cost you stated....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines