• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parsing Error message after exiting Elements

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elements 12 with Windows 10 and until a couple of days ago I was doing so without problems.  Over the last few days just after quitting the application I get a message "XML parsing error 'no element found at line 1'.  Although some advise I have seen online seems to indicate that this may have something to do with Nik plugins I could not understand or see a final answer over how to get rid of the message.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Elements but the message has returned.  As yet I have not detected any other problems but am concerned that a warning message must have some point and therefore wonder if there is something going on that I should be trying to fix.  I should add that my Nik plugins were purchased some time ago before they were acquired by Google, so may not be able to rely on techinical help from that quarter. I am not a techy user so would welcome any straightforward help that anyone can give.  Thanks for any advice.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines