• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pass password to a new person

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded Photoshop Elements Version17 & Photoshop Premier Version 17 to Version 19. As I no longer use version 17 can I pass the serial no.on to my grandson to use as he is trying to get into photography and this could help him get started.As I have bought this product i think I should be able to.My only concern is can I transfer the ownership to him so he can use his own account and password.

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Not if you used the old serial number to upgrade; you own a single thing, 17-and-an-upgrade-to-19. Using or installing 19 is dependent on your continuing to own 17. If you hadn't upgraded, you could transfer or sell it, after completing some Adobe paperwork. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterb,

It seems that when you upgrade to a new version, you've already used up the option to pass it along, or selling it.

Here's the link to Elements 2021, you might want to check it out and have him decide if he wants to try it or not. It actually is a lot of fun.  Or he can also download the "trial" offer.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the official Adobe license transfer policy.

Added:  And since the term Upgrade is often used ambiguously, here is what you need to know:

If you purchase a new license, rather than upgrade your old software, you are permitted to transfer your old license—that is, as long as you did not purchase the original license with a volume licensing arrangement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines