Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pb with raw files in photoshop elements 2020

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I can no longer read RAW files in my Photoshop Elments 2020. I am getting this message : Impossible d’ouvrir [nom de fichier] car le type de fichier est incorrect. »

I have tried reinstalling Camera Raw as suggested in the support pages but the "update" button is disabled in the "help" section, thus making any update impossible. 

Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review the cameras that are supported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

If this does not work for you, use the DNG converter.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but my camera is fully supported.. the problem must be elsewhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the reason you cannot open the raw files is because you have a brand new camera that is not supported by the current Elements version of ACR (12.0), then there is a workaround to update ACR to version 12.4 (the currently lastest version).  See this link

Please note that this is a workaround and, although Adobe has published it, this procedure is not recommended by Adobe because you may run into potential bugs.  Personally, I believe this possibility is very remote.  However, I suggest that instead of replacing the plug-in file (Camera Raw.8bi), rename it (for example to Camera Raw.8bi.OLD).  In the event you run into any problems with the updated version, you can delete it and restore the old version.  Otherwise, you would have to uninstall and reinstall the whole program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help but no, I haven't chaged camera. I have never had a problem with reading RAW files in PE before with this camera...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us the camera make and model you're using to help us better understand your setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, my camera is a canon EOS 1100D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines