Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2018 moving pictures in a project makes working space flicker

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have a problem since an update from Adobe for PSE 2018, version 16.0.

When I'm working in expert mode on a project (as simple as it can be) and I use/import a picture in this project, I get problem when moving or resizing the image: While doing so, the screen in photoshop "flickers". I see the project with picture --> I see a gray screen (only on the working field in photoshop, the rest around it just stays completely visible as it should).

I have a 2019 macbook pro 16", enough memory en SDD space. But far more important, this didn't occur before the last (two?) updates!

I tried to change settings in Photoshop (memory usage, background colour, et cetera), but nothing helps.

I uploaded a video so you can see what happens.

Since there is no easy way to get in contact with adobe, I hope that someone can tell me how to resolve this.

With kind regards, 

Gregory (The Netherlands)

TOPICS
Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meanwhile I was given an e-mailadress for support. I mailed my problem and after asking what my operating system is (MacOs) I got the following answer (unfortunately):

"Thank you for the information

We would like to inform you that Premiere Elements 2018 is too old and no longer available and supported with Mac OS Big Sur. so, we can do is we provide you the Premiere Elements 2021. So, you can able to start your work in a proper way."

Seriously? Is this the way to treat your customers? Making a program obsolete after 3 years??????

I hope there's somebody out there which can solve this (probably minor) problem.

I refuse to pay another 90 euro's just to solve a little glitch since the last updates.

Gregor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meanwhile I was given an e-mailadress for support.

By @Gregor5E44

Adobe doesn't have email support.

Where did you get it from?  It may be a scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

underneath the information you need/want:

"Subject: PE 2018 moving pictures in a project makes working space flicker
Date: Oct 16, 2021 09:00 AM

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address:-
AdobeIncHelp@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Note:-Compose New Email and Write the Email Address without any Space mentioned above and send Email.

Team Adobe"

Gregor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know almost nothing about Macs, so can't help with your flicker problem.  But I can tell you that the Private Message you received with an email address was a scam.  Adobe will only send you an email from an @Deleted User account. Please let us know the screen name of the person who sent you the private message so we can ban them from the forum.

You say that it is difficult to contact Adobe support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  I understand that, in Europe, Adobe only provides support during standard work hours. 

Added:  What OS are you using?  If you are talking about an update to Big Sur (or even Catalina), there may be issues with Elements.  In fact, although the program will work on updates to the operating system, you cannot do a fresh install unless you have Elements 2020 or newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

underneath you'll find the communication I received after asking the contact information:

"Subject: PE 2018 moving pictures in a project makes working space flicker
Date: Oct 16, 2021 09:00 AM

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address:-
AdobeIncHelp@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.Note:-Compose New Email and Write the Email Address without any Space mentioned above and send Email.

Team Adobe"

For the operating system, I use Big sur. 

After deleting photoshop and installing it again via appstore works for me. Unfortunately it doesn't help with the problem.

I'm a bit dissapointed that I can only use the program for about three years. I bought this version because I don't want to have a monthly/yearly supscription for such programs. But if I have to upgrade to a newer version it's just the same as paying a yearly fee. For me that's rediculous. 

Gregor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I forget to say this, Greg S.

Thank you for the telephone contact numbers. 

I've been searching far too long for contact information. It has been hidden quite well. So good that I turned to this forum as a last resort. 

Tomorrow I'll make use of the telephone contact. 

Thankks again.

Gregor Buciarski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the spammer's information.  And I hope Adobe Support will be able to help you. 

As for being forced to upgrade with Big Sur, your complaint should be addressed to Apple for not making their newer operating systems compatible with older programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

I think you're probably right on this one. I'll change my comments.

with kind regards,

Gregor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg,

Finally I decided to go for Adobe 2022. Since the entire system is 64 bit orientaded I'd rather invest now for a longtime use of this program. 

Thanks again for helping/reacting.

Gregor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines