• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2019 freezes when importing from SD card and there are also new files to import in watched folder

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am importing files from my card reader and there are also new files in one of the watched folders to import, Photoshop Elements 2019 freezes.  I have tried specifying Cancel on the window of watched folder import files and have also tried specifying Import.  In both cases, the application freezes. I have to close PE and re-open.  When I re-open the application it gives a message that there were new files imported and do I want to see them on the screen.  When I say Yes, it then opens a window that says it is scanning for new files in teh watched folders. That process doesn't finish so I have to cancel it. Then I get to see the photos I was importing from my card reader.  It, however, doesn't delete them from the card so I have to do that separately later.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure what your question is.  Yes, watched folders can take up a lot of resources that may interfere with other operations such as starting a fresh import from card.  Either you want folders to be watched or you don't.  If you do, I suggest you allow the operation to complete before starting the fresh Import.

I also highly recommend NOT deleting from the card until you are sure the files have been safely stored on your computer.  (And, personally, I do not delete from a card until the newly imported files have also been backed up.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines