• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2021 Organizer - Multiple Windows

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the PE2021 Organizer open 2 windows and/or 2 instances simultaneously on Win 11?

Thanks

Bob

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob.  I don't have Win 11 but I can't imagine that you can have two instances of the Organizer open at one time.  It is possible to have two different versions of the Organizer open, but IMO that has the possibility of causing some serious errors.

Added:  And it is not possible to have two different versions of the Editor open at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg. Not surprised but it would be nice. I find myself in the situation of my wife never deleting photos so I downloaded all of her 5000 photos into a new folder hoping I could find a way to easily weed out the duplicates. I tried a few of the Organizer's Find > By Visual Searches but none of them did the job, I thought the Duplicates option would but no joy. Visual comparison is tedious. Thoughts?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements is really not the best tool to use for removing true duplicates.  I believe there are a number of relatively cheap utilities that will do a better job of it.  You can try a free download of Doppelganger to see whether it suits your needs.  I use a related utility FolderMatch to synch folders for backup purposes.

Added:  I should of course have mentioned that if you decide to delete files outside of the Organizer, you will need to do a Find>All Missing files to delete the deleted files from the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines