• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE2020 Crash at Face recognition

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to crash I had to reinstall Windows 10 and all programms. My PE now is core version 18.0 (20200105.m.139301). My question: does my version solve the crash isues at Face recognition which I  - as many others -  had before, but was solved? Or should I change the bad files as told by adobustomercare, when I had the face recognistion issues before the recent crash?

I have seen, that PE 2020.1 is now available. But the described methods to update, does not work. Could that be because the update is not required?

Some history:

My old crash issues at face recognistion was solved by using advice in mail from adobustomercare. See below.

I should also tell, that I did not reinstall Windows update KB4550945, which has a bad reputation. So maybe this also helped

Best regards

Finn Hove

Adobes original advice in a mail to me:

>>>>>

Use the files in this link (https://adobe.ly/2Qeijlj) to replace the following files in the said locations, Once this file is downloaded, extract the zip file.

These paths hold true if product is installed at default location. This may change if the product is installed at Custom location.

1. Place ‘FaceDetectionCAFilter.dll’ at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 2020 Organizer\CAFilters\
  2. Place ‘FaceAnalyzer.dll’ at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 2020 Organizer\
  3. Place ‘frsdk-9.4.2.dll’ at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 2020 Organizer\. Back up and delete ‘frsdk-9.4.0.dll’ from this folder. Ensure to backup the file before you delete it.
  4. Backup and delete ‘etc’ folder from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 2020 Organizer\. Place the new shared ‘etc’ folder here. Ensure to backup the folder before you delete it.
TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please update the files as mentioned in the mail from Adobe support and software will work fine again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank You for the information about changing files. I will do this.

I also had the other question: I can not update to PE2020.1 as Update is grayed out. It might be because my version already is 2020.1 (My versions in Organsier is 20200105.m.139301 and in Editor  20200120.m.139570). Or??

Best regards

Finn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your software is already updated to 2020.1, therefore, the update is grayed out.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You.

Best regards

Finn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines