• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE2020 Organizer, odd behaviour when adding photos

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add large amount of photos to my Organizer catalog. ALL files are located at C: drive.

Oddly, organizer is not able to show photo thumbnail correctly. I checked file properties, and Organizer has changed drive letter to M:

I do not understand how this could be possible. I do not have M: drive. My computer is Dell Latitude 7490 single ssd drive!!

Can someone help me to fix this? Otherwise PE is useless piece of software.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, the location written in a catalogue is the location of the media used to 'download' the images to your computer, mainly photo cards or thumb sticks if you have chosen to 'import from files or folders' instead of  'from camera or card reader'. In such a case, 'M' could have been the letter assigned to a card reader or a thumb stick. You need to have the same device plugged in your computer with the same drive letter. It could be an import from an external USB drive or a NAS.

Can you search and check by file name if the missing (disconnected) files are really present on your C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files were imported from C: drive. There is no card reader, no NAS etc. Just C: drive, files are dragged from original C: folder to PE window when importing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the folder structure look like if you open the Folders panel in Tree View?

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.13_11h14m43s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the problem. PE is incompatible with Acronis True Image backup software. ATI creates "Acronis Drive" item to the explorer, drive without visible drive lette. It maps my C: drive to Acronis Drive, in this case hidden drive letter was M: 

I "disconnected" Acronis Drive by removing it in the explorer. I do not know why, but when using ATI it recreates "Acronis Drive" and I have to remove it again. Anoying!!

I am not sure which one to blame - PE or ATI. But since all other software - including Lightroom - works, I choose to blame PE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@makija 

I finally found the problem. PE is incompatible with Acronis True Image backup software. ATI creates "Acronis Drive" item to the explorer, drive without visible drive lette. It maps my C: drive to Acronis Drive, in this case hidden drive letter was M:

I do use Acronis, but not 'Acronis Drive' which is a dedicated space on the Acronis Cloud to store your archives.

Did you find an explanation by looking at the Acronis Help Doc? Difficult to understand without trying myself, and you'll understand I am not eager to follow your example...

https://www.acronis.com/fr-fr/support/documentation/ATI2020/index.html#37963.html

(Sorry, I have only the French version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines