Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE2022 - Save as PDF

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements Version : 20.0 (20220702.Git.dot.b9b2853)  on Windows 10

When I want to save my work, I cannot find .pdf in the list

2023-02-06_12h00_53.png

Could you help me please?

Thanks !

 

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

It's not available in my version of PSE either.

Download Irfanview (free), a very popular viewer. IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide

Open your picture file in Irfanview and resave in .pdf file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not available in my version of PSE either.

Download Irfanview (free), a very popular viewer. IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide

Open your picture file in Irfanview and resave in .pdf file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help 🙂 I'll try Irfanview

But this is as strange as annoying. Moreover, I've read that some people have the .pdf in PE22.
Is it a bug? A different version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Photoshop pdf" format is still available in my PSE2022 and PSE2023 versions on Windows 10. I have no idea why you don't have it.

On the other hand, the "Photoshop pdf" format is a different flavour of the usual pdf format for Acrobat, Illustrator etc. It's a combination of a true psd and a true pdf format to insure compatibility when saving. That way, you can save losslessly because the psd version still contains all its layers, even text and vector ones. That's at the cost of much bigger file sizes obviously.

You should not need to use another file editor because your best option is not to SAVE as pdf, it's to PRINT your file using a virtual pdf printer such as the free Microsoft pdf printer "print to pdf" bundled with your OS. That's because pdf is a prining/displaying format, not a photo format. Using "print to pdf" or any other free virtual printers gives true acrobat pdf format files, much smaller than Photoshop pdf ones. You can print a selection of pdf files which will be exported in multipage pdfs. The problem with the 'printed' pdf files is that they are no longer recognized by the organizer, contrary to the Photoshop pdf ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you too for your response, MichelBParis

The "print to pdf" option is a smart workaround, I'll try it too.

I've check on another computer, and it's exactly the same problem in PSE22.
It should be good if Adobe could help users who haven't this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've seen this posted about before

In the other posts that the ops provided screenshots they also had MP4 listed as a Save As option in the File Formats list.

What happens if you chose MP4 and click Save?

mp4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It creates a mp4 file. I've tried to rename it in .pdf but the file is not valid doing so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines