• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pentax K3 III Support

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded from PSE21 to PSE23 mainly because PSE21 wasn't reading PEF images taken on my Pentax K3 III.

Looks like PSE23 doesn't either.

Am I missing anything? I can't find a list of supported cameras or files anywhere.

A work around is to change the camera to shoot DNG.

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteI can't find a list of supported cameras or files anywhere.

FYI, the link to supported cameras is here

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

The K-3 Mark III (released April 2021) has been supported since Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) 13.3

JohnWaller_0-1673474807099.png

PSE 2021 won't open your Raw files without an ACR update following the steps in the link given in the post above this one.

Looks like PSE23 doesn't either.

Both PSE 2022 and PSE 2023 ship with ACR 13.3 or later so your camera should be supported out of the box in 2023. No updates should be required.

What happens when you try to open a Raw file? Can you upload a typical Raw file to Dropbox (or similar) and post a link here so we can take a look at it on our systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cabat10_68, go to the Help menu and click on Install Camera Raw.  This will install ACR version 14.x which, as @John Waller has said, is sufficient to support your camera.

Snap_2023.01.11_14h21m28s_003.png

In an effort to reduce download file size, Elements 2023 now separates the components of the program and does a terrible job of letting users know about it.  I assume this is the case with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch, @Greg_S. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everyone's input.

I updated Camera Raw and it's reading my PEF files now.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@cabat10_68 Glad to hear it's working. Odd if you had to update Camera Raw in PSE 2023 though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines