• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perfect Landscape continually crashing

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresh install of 2021.  i7 with 16GB memory running Windows 10.

When a sky replacement is attempted, the 'Generating composite and matching color tone' dialogue box is displayed but progress stops at about 20%. The system freezes and eventually displays a program crash and error report box. and the app has to be closed using Task Manager. 

I tried switching off the GPU in settings but that doesn't help.  Tried running PSE as an administrator, but that doesn't help either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Phil

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you ever successful with the Guided Edit?  If so, try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

If it has never worked, then I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions other than to contact Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - one other suggestion:  Update your graphics card driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your suggestions. No, it's still not working (and never has done).  The graphics driver is up to date.
Adobe Support reached out to me this morning and I've sent them more info.
I installed PSE on my laptop and the feature functions as expected so it must be something to do with my config.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I installed photoshop elements 2021 today on my desktop and elements crashes when a sky replacement is attempted. All other guided edits works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wortelsoft, if you are experiencing the same problem, you should follow the same advice - contact Adobe Support.  I don't think anyone else on this user to user forum has come up with a solution.

BTW, what are your computer specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greg_S.  You are right. But knowing you are not alone is also informative. After the crash the program did send an error report to adobe. Mu desktop specs are:  Asus H81M-K motherboard with I7 Core 4770 CPU, 16GB DDR3, SSD 2TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wortelsoft, yes, misery does love company.

But I think I have found the source of your problem.  Your computer (4th Gen. CPU) does not meet the minimum requirements of Elements 2021 (6th Gen CPU).  Although most features will work just fine, the Auto Match Tone feature of the Perfect Landscape Guided Edit probably requires the newer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My processor is an i7-8700 6 core which appears to be an 8th Gen CPU (and it is still crashing) so not sure that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it has to be. In any case, this gives me a good excuse to finally be able to replace my old desktop :-). Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Phil01AC , thanks for reporting back with that information.  Has Adobe Support reached back to you yet?  I know it is the holiday season, so things may be a little slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, yesterday I got a private message that the faulting module was fixed. The fix was sent to me and it works. The Perfect Landscape is now working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines